MindRetrieve Blog

MindRetrieve - an open source desktop search tool for your personal web

Monday, March 28, 2005

Help make the mac version happens!

My mac mini has finally arrived :-) I have gotten myself oriented. Fooled around and eventually found out how to launch the terminal. Then got some taste of downloading mac applications. Now I am ready to port MindRetrieve to Mac!

I am still totally new to Mac application development. Would you like to contribute development effort to make this happen? Or point me to literatures I should know about? In particular I like to know how an application is supposed to be packaged (it is written in Python). Also how to setup a daemon application on Mac (auto startup when the system starts, stop when the system shutdown).

Email me at tungwaiyip at users.berlios.de. Thanks a bunch!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Tung Wai Yip said…

    P.S. For those mac user who are eager to try it out, you may try to run it from source. Note that it requires Python 2.4 and PyLucene. Also some people recommend Python 2.4 to be installed separate from the Python 2.3 that comes with the system so that system function would not be disturbed.

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Tung Wai Yip said…

    Post on behalf of none on
    2005-Mar-29 17:20

    You probably want to start looking here:

    http://undefined.org/python/py2app.html

    http://www.pythonmac.org/wiki/py2app

     

Post a Comment

<< Home