MindRetrieve Blog

MindRetrieve - an open source desktop search tool for your personal web

Monday, August 15, 2005

When will MindRetrieve move out of alpha?

If Google introduce the notion of putting out software in perpetual beta state, MindRetrieve maybe push this further for being in perpetual alpha state. This wasn't a statement that the quality of software is subpar or buggy. Since MindRetrieve sit between me and the world wide web every day, I would be the first one to be upset if my web experience suffer in any way. It is in alpha because I see this as a research project. The idea of personal web and ways to organize it is fairly novel. I enjoy toying it in this project.

That say, once the web library feature is complete I feel it would reach a certain mile stone. By then MindRetrieve should be mature enough to be in beta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home